Carli Bybel Palette


I have been watching Carli on Youtube for a while now and I love the make up looks she comes out with, so when I found out she was coming out with an eyeshadow/ highlighter palette I knew I had to have it!

Top row with flash
Top row without flash
There are 10 eyeshadow shades and 4 highlighters, but you can also use the highlighters as eyeshadow. The top row has 4 matte shadows which are mainly purple and mauves.

The matte shadows are very smooth, blendable and pigmented. These colours are beautiful and  suitable to wear during the day or you can make it more glam for when going out in the evening by adding the second row shimmers! Some people might not be comfortable with using the lightest shade in this row which is a milky/ white colour. Personally I apply eye primer onto my eyelids and then set it with the this shade so the other shadows blend more  easily.


Tip: To get a well blended eyeshadow without any harsh lines, a good blending brush is key. Real techniques have good affordable brushes.

Second row with flash
Second row without flash
 As you can see from the pictures, the second row is full of golden/bronze shimmery colours! All the colours are very pigmented apart from the dark/black which comes out as patchy and I personally haven't used it as much as the others. My favorite is the first on the right which has a pink undertone and has golden sparkles. 

Tip: When applying the shimmery eyeshadows, to get the best results you should pat on the colour with a flat shader brush or using your finger to pat it on. I personally don't blend shimmery shadows because I feel like it does not stay as pigmented.
Bottom row with flash
Bottom row without flash
 The final row are the highlighters! These are so pigmented, creamy and easy to blend without it being tacky or glittery. I usually use the lightest shade which is the first on the right. There is a highlight for all skin tones and it can be used for an everyday subtle highlight or you can add more layers to make your highlight pop and it gives you a beautiful glow.

Tip: I personally only like to put highlighter on the highest point of my cheekbones where the light would hit my face. Some people like to also highlight the bridge of their nose and cupids bow. 
To get the best results you can use any make up setting spray on to the highlighted points and then go in with your damp beauty blender and gently in dab where the highlight is. This helps make the highlight less harsh but at the same time intensifies it and make it more blended into the skin. 

Overall I love this palette, it has matte, shimmers and highlighters! not to forget the beautiful pink, purple mauve colours. It is small and easy to carry when traveling and very good price for the amount of product it contains. 

I hope you found the tips useful!

 
Thank you for reading x

No comments